This limited edition integrated amplifier was created to honour Ken Ishiwata, the legendary product designer, on the 30th anniversary of his association with Marantz.
These were limited to 500 units and were available in Australia in 2009/10 for an RRP $5,000
This particular unit is in excellent condition. There is no remote control included.
From the Reviews:
Marantz scrimped nowhere: I was overjoyed to find the back of the PM-KI fitted with superb gilded phono sockets and massive, genuine WBT speaker binding posts which accept both banana plugs and over-sized spade connectors. Swapping cables was easy, and this led me to try the Pearls with assorted Kimber, Transparent, Yter and Atlas wires. – HiFi News UK
A fitting tribute to Ken Ishiwata, this is a beautifully presented system that delivers thee sonic goods like few others….
– HiFi World UK
My month-plus with the Marantz PM-KI-Pearl by Ken Ishiwata was a genuine musical pleasure. The limited-edition PM-KI-Pearl is an exceptionally fine piece of audio gear, physically and sonically – Stereophile.com
- 90 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (5-40,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
- 140 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (5-40,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
- audiophile-grade components hand-selected by Ken Ishiwata
- Current Feedback amplification featuring V/I Servo
- HDAM-SA3 (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) circuits provide high-speed signal response for precise sound
- frequency response 5-100,000 Hz (±3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 89dB line, 86dB phono (MM), 75dB phono (MC)
- solid 5mm-thick heavy aluminum top cover
- large toroidal transformer with non-magnetic aluminum shield case
- copper plated chassis with a double-layered bottom plate
- solid aluminum machined feet
- fully discrete Constant Current Feedback phono stage supports both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges
- CD direct input buffer circuit
- preamp out/main in jacks
- 6 RCA audio inputs (including phono input)
- 2 RCA record outputs
- precision WBT binding-post speaker connectors
- biamp/stereo switch lets you biamp your speakers using two PM-KI’s for even higher-fidelity sound
- full-size headphone output jack
- aluminum-top remote control
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/8″W x 5″H x 18-5/8″D
- weight: 44.1 lbs.